Audit of following 2 Work Instructions was done in TM Shop. Report is as follows:-
Routine test of 3-phase Traction Motor ( W 21.411):-
No Load Test:-
- This WI is outdated. Resistance measurement by DC current injecting as mentioned in para 3.1.2 of this WI is done by micro-ohn meter nowadays. Additional measurement of Induction and PF is being done in shop which is not mentioned in WI
- Tests are to be done on testbed after clamping. Same should be ensured.
- Rotor crack test on LV as mentioned in para 3.1.3 is also not done nowadays. WI needs modification
- Intial test on 100 V for 5 min as mentioned in para 3.1.9 is to be ensuered.
No load Characteristic, Blocked rotor (SC) , Dielectric and IR Test:-
- All being done religiously.
- Temperature probe calibration is done but , there should be a jig for same.
- Some of the instruments/gauges used while testing are due for calibration.Same done.
Test of Assembled Traction Motor ( W 21.412):-
Dial gauge used for radial/axial play measurement is due for calibration.Same done.